Kicksledding is pure joy, and turns nearly all sledders into mountain boys and girls. Gliding along on hard-packed snow or ice seems effortless (though its actually good exercise), and you get to take your sweetheart or young one along too. As if that werent good enough, kicksledding is also excellent aerobic exercise and a fantastic way to get a workout in the course of routine daily activities! Snowpacked streets, back roads, and well-used snowmobile trails are perfect for kicksledding, particularly those with a gentle grade. A long, plowed driveway curling down a hillside. Mountain Boy kicksleds are an artistic interpretation of a traditional, time-tested Nordic design. The sled body, including the very comfortable slatted seat, is made of American white ash. Screws are stainless steel, and connecting bolts are high-grade anodized steel. The runners are highly flexible tempered steel, with polished and waxed edges. Rings are welded to the front of each runner, making it simple to attach a bridle and tugline for dogsledding. Multiple coats of UV-resistant finish mean the sled can be left outside for extended periods without damage.The handle on each sled is a specially chosen native willow branch, hand-carved for a perfect fit and polished to show its natural beauty. No two handles are alike, and each has its own unique look and feel. Because each kicksled is a one-of-a-kind work, each is signed and numbered on the bottom by the sledmaker. On the front, the Mountain Boy brand is burned into the ash of the backrest, drawing attention to the individual grain of each piece of wood. The copper footrest is light, strong and sets off the wood tones of the sled. As it ages, the copper gains a fine patina that only develops more character overtime. Removable nuts at the front of each runner allow each sled to be easily collapsed and transported on top of a vehicle.
- Traditional Norwegian kicksled, made by hand in Silverton, Colorado
- Birch handle and slats of beautiful hardwoods make each kicksled unique
- Runners are powder-coated steel, and welded rings on the front of the runners make it easy to harness a dog; we recommend our Mushing Package.
- Includes an elastic pocket behind the seat that fits a sweater or lunchbox
- Seat fits one child or adult
- Weighs 17 pounds, 36"H x 24"W x 72" L. Weight limit: 300 lbs.
- One year limited manufacturer warranty, applies to defects in materials and workmanship
- Assembly Required
|Brand||Mountain Boy Sledworks|
|Shipping Restrictions||This item can not be shipped to APO/FPO addresses.|
|Shipping Note||Products ship in their original packaging. Please be aware that its contents will be visible to the recipient upon delivery.|
- Review by Chiska Williams
- And a way we go!! Review by Mountain Mama