Kolcraft Contours Options Tandem Stroller
beautiful carriage. you would think by looking at it that it was 500 dollars.by far the best pick for your dollar!!! the only thing is it weighs 55lbs. and is very bulky but what do you expect with a full size double stroller? this thing steers better than anything i've ever seen i would def. recommend this stroller to anyone who is looking for one...
Kolcraft almost made a perfect stroller. It is easy to fold (you do have to take a seat off but that takes maybe 2 seconds), reclining seats, easy to stear, huge storage basket, comes with infant seat attachment, easy to turn seats around when needed, fairly large canopy and even has straps for a toddler to hold onto if they want to walk beside you.
The reasons I say almost are: the seats are not quite big enough for toddlers (would be nice if the canopy was adjustable so it would fit taller kids and the seats could be deeper.) Also, there is not a tray or cup holder for the kids seriously WHAT WERE THEY THINKING? It is heavy, big and just bearly fits in the trunk of my sedan... but what do you expect it is a very well made double stroller.
Overall I have been very happy with my stroller. It has been a true lifesaver when I am out with the kids by myself.
a little too heavy and makes you think twice before having to put it together but once you do it its all good. I had been asked about the stroller every single time i've been out, it is definitely a head turner. the seats are too small for a todler. I have a 3 month old and a 22 month old and my todler its actually small but the seats are still too small for him. When you put them facing eachother, there is no leg room for both. Other than that it swirls great, very smooth ride.
This stroller is definitely worth the money especially for twins. My twins are 14 months old. I was given this stroller from Kolcraft to try out with my twins and asked to give my honest opinions so here goes.
1. Major Versatility in positions that the kids can sit. For me this is great. The twins love facing each other, but if one starts getting crabby and fighting, then I can always change the seating arrangement.
2. Stylish. I love the look of the stroller. It is a very sleek look. It makes you feel like one of those trendy moms with a bugaboo.
3. Full seat recline. This is huge for me. I have several other tandems and this is the only one that I have found with dual full reclining seats. This is a great design for people with twins especially because both kids are still young enough to sleep while out.
4. Infant car seat friendly. My twins are no longer in infant seats, but if they were this stroller would be ideal. With the purchase of an additional car seat adapter (only 1 is included)this stroller can be transformed into a double snap n go which is a lifesaver for all new twin moms in the beginning. So it essential eliminates the need to buy 2 strollers. This stroller grows with the children.
5. Great Maneuverability. This is my #1 quality. I have yet to find a tandem that pushes and turns well until now. This one is great. That is huge to me.
Now sadly we move on to the cons.
1. HEAVY. This stroller is ridiculously heavy. It takes some real muscle to get it in and out of the car. My twins feel lighter at a combined weight of 40lbs.
2. Folding. Although it is easy to fold, I absolutely hate that you have to take a seat off to fold it down easily. It is not hard, but it is a nuisance.
3. Leg Room when facing is inadequate.
4. Leg rests are not long enough to allow for growth. My twins are only 30" which is short for 14 months and they only have about 2-3 in to the bottom
5. No snack tray/cup holders for the kids.
Overall for me the pros outweigh the cons for the money. I actually wish that I had this stroller sooner. I would definitely stuck with it over the other 4 I have. I hope this helps.
I just cant say enough about this stroller..
The adjustable seats give you the freedom to have the kids both facing you, one facing the other facing out, them facing each other or just use one seat so that you can go shopping.. How cool is that! Not to mention that it accommodates most infant car seats.
It is big and it isn't as compact as the side by sides but from what I have seen, those ones are always in someones way.
I bought this stroller in March 2007 when it was brand new to the market.. There weren't any reviews on it at the time and we were looking for a double that would accommodate the Key Fit car seat that we got last year. So far, only 2 carriages do that.. THis one and the Joovy.. This one is lighter. Because both seats are removable it folds up nice.. If the handle folded, or slid down it would be better but you cant have it all..
I can fit this carriage in the trunk of my Camry. The seats are strategically placed behind the carriage and I still have a little room for other things.. Once the seats are removes and the carriage is laying down, there is a nice space within the structure to put shopping bags.. Granted, I would love a smaller double but none of them were as smoothe as this one.. I went for comfort more than convenience.. After all, I have a 5 month old and a 17 month old, convenience is no longer in my vocabulary...
I have been taking 3 mile walks 4 times a week for 4 months and this carriage has never given me any stress.. I was worried because the halfway point of my walk is Dunkin Donuts and I always get a coffee. There are two doors to go through and I just didn't think I could do it with the double.. But I have to say, it manuevers much easier in and out of that place better than my chicco single. THis thing turns unbelievable..
The seats adjust so that both kids can be reclined.. Not likely that that happens much, but just in case..
The Toddler handles are great as well.. I have used them with my niece and nephew and they think it is a hoot! People have stopped me to comment on how they thought those handles were a great idea..
And I can honestly say, no matter where I go, at least one person stops to ask me where I got my carriage.. It is a real eye catcher.. This carriage is worth the money and then some.. I just cant say enough..