The new BRITAX FRONTIER™ 90 Combination Harness-2-Booster™ boasts the ground-breaking CLICKTIGHT™ Installation System combined with BRITAX's leading Head Safety technologies. The FRONTIER™ 90 keeps your growing toddler safe and offers parents the peace of mind of a secure and easy car seat installation each and every time.
CLICKTIGHT™ Installation System is an innovative technology that allows parents to easily achieve a safe and secure installation using a vehicle seat belt throughout the life of the seat, in harness mode, without having to worry about the weight of their child. The FRONTIER™ 90 offers a forward-facing, five-point harnessed weight capacity up to 90 pounds, with an industry-leading 20.5 inch shoulder harness height. The FRONTIER™ 90 also converts to a vehicle belt-positioning booster seat that can be used up to 120 pounds.
The FRONTIER™ 90 incorporates BRITAX's leading Head Safety technologies to protect your child during a crash by minimizing the forward movement of your child's head during a frontal impact. Head Safety technologies include: Base with SafeCell Technology®, Integrated Steel Bars, and Energy Absorbing Versa-Tether®. The FRONTIER™ 90 offers BRITAX True Side Impact Protection® for advanced protection during side impact crashes. True Side Impact Protection® provides an extra layer of energy-absorbing EPP foam that contains your child's head, neck and body, keeping them in "true" or aligned, during a crash.
Comfort and convenience features include: a tangle-free, no-rethread five-point harness with an EZ-buckle system, a front-adjust recline, integrated cup holders and storage, multiple buckle positions, fixed armrests, comfort foam, and an easy-remove cover.
- Combination Harness-2-Booster
- Forward-Facing Harnessed: 2 years & 25 lbs, up to 90 lbs
- Belt-Positioning Booster: 4562 inches tall; 40 to 120 lbs
- CLICKTIGHT Installation System
- True Side Impact Protection®
- Base with SafeCell Technology®
- Integrated Steel Bars strengthen the connection to the vehicle and reduce forward flexing of the child seat during a crash
- Energy Absorbing Versa-Tether® anchors the top of the car seat to the vehicle using a two-point attachment
- HUGS (Harness Ultra Guard System) Chest Pads
- Tangle-Free, Five-Point Harness (with 9 harness height positions - up to 20.5)
- Compatible with SecureGuard which works with the vehicle safety belt in booster mode to prevent the child from sliding under the lap-belt portion of the safety belt during impact
- Front-Adjust Recline for optimal child comfort
- Comfort Foam provides an extra layer of padding to cushion your child
- Two Buckle Positions offer a snug and secure fit for your growing child
- Armrests provide a natural and comfortable place to rest arms
- Quick-Adjust No-Rethread Harness
- EZ-Buckle System
- Integrated Cup Holders and Storage
- Premium Lower LATCH Connectors included
- Color-Coded Vehicle Belt Guides
- Product Weight: 25 lbs.
- Product Dimensions Min (in): 19W × 28H × 21D Max (in): 19W × 36H × 21D
|Shipping Restrictions||This item can not be shipped to APO/FPO addresses.|
|Shipping Note||Products ship in their original packaging. Please be aware that its contents will be visible to the recipient upon delivery.|
- Easy to install but not easy to use Review by AC
I own two Britax Boulevard convertible car seats that my 4.5 yr old daughter has been using for the past 4 years. Even though she still fits well in the Boulevard sit, I needed to move her to a newer sit because we need her sit for our younger daughter. I need to note that at 4.5 years old my daughter became capable of getting in and out of her car seat, and fully operate the 5-point harness. All I needed to do is to verify that everything is right before we go. That was really helpful because while she gets ready I can put my younger daughter into her car seat or I can load/unload the vehicle (when parked in the garage). I wanted a 5-point harness for a new seat so I got sold on a new Clicktight Installation and went with Frontier 90. I realized the problem right away and verified through using the seat for several days. The release button that you push onto to release the harness is way-way deep inside and almost impossible to reach. It is probably at least 3" away from the seat opening and I can barely reach it. Same for my wife. It makes you want not to tight your harness at all, so you can take it off without releasing it - and this is where it affect the safety. Obviously, my daughter can't reach this button from her position, because it is under her. She can't open the harness either - it is much tighter. So while she finds it easier to get into the seat, she can't do anything else herself. As my daughter gets older, she takes proud in being able to do more and more things on her own. For her to go from being able to helpless again is a disappointment (and for parents too).
I am wondering how could Britax release the product like this one? How many different people tried it before selling? I guess everyone at Britax got so overwhelmed with Clicktight Installation, so they all overlooked the 5-point harness. Why they had to make it worse than on older models? Why to change/fix something what wasn't broken? (Posted on 5/15/2013)
BabyAge.com asked: Why did you choose this?
Kristine Bechtel: Great reviews and currently have the Britax car seat in the same color. Hear nothing but good things about Britax and have had a great experience so far.
Michelle Heyer: I want to try out the new "click tight" system in the Britax 90 because I can't install the Britax Frontier 85 properly in my Toyota Sienna Minivan.
Barbara Normandin: parent request
Christina Mosher: Great Safety Ratings
Jing Hu: We trust this brand. Use infant car seat and convertible car seat from Britax in the past few years.